Monday, July 6, 2009

Anemia.

Anemia is a blood disorder which I have. Anemia is the production of less RBCs (red blood cells). It could be due to lack of iron in the body. This is bad because the blood transports nutrients and oxygen. And a low red blood cell count leads to less oxygen being delivered to every tissue in the body.The symptoms: fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, lightheadedness(which I get often), and palpitation (irregular beating of the heart).
There are things that help with this disease. For example: Iron pills, dietary changes,(eat things that consists of a lot of irons, vitamin C and vitamin B12-which helps with the production of red blood cells.)

The things that help me when it comes to iron are:
peas-which have a lot of iron.
vegetables (callaloo, spinach, brocccoli,etc.)
eggs
peanuts-even though I'm allergic to it.
raisins
Soy milk

Things that help me with vitamin B12 are:
Cereals - cornflakes
meat-fish, seashells - not too much though, because they contain mercury.
dairy products- cheese and yogurts.

Things that help me with vitamin C are:
Oranges
Kiwi
Mangoes
strawberries
watermelon.

No comments: