Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays/ Why must white people overexplain things to people of color, like myself?

Merry Christmas!! And to those of you who don't celebrate Christmas, Happy Holidays!!

I've been busy lately, trying to register for my new school, meet up with the adviser's at the school, and register for my classes. Haven't registered for my classes yet, and the deadline to do so is January 7.
CRUNCH TIME. So many things to do in so little time.

And my father is telling me I'm not suppose to take no less than 5 courses.
Oh, he can say that, but he can't say don't take more than 5 courses.
Teachers.
So I went to the school, because I HAD to make an appointment with an adviser.
I arrived at the campus 5 minutes early, and I had to wait for about 30-40 minutes for the adviser to see me. It was finally my time to see him.The best part of that meeting was the advisor telling me, "so yea, this is the sheet with the courses you need to take, and since you did a lot of science courses at your old school, you don't have to do any......for now. So go ahead and pick one class from each group. I don't care which one you pick, just pick one. And oh yea, you need writing intensive courses, so pick the ones that have a W." And he got up in search of a paper with the letter 'W', and showed me. And he was pointing at it like yea, like that.
When that happened, my mind went blank for a minute, like is this for real? Did he just do that? Ah, how nice of you to show me what a 'W' looks like.
Then I remembered this posting, from one of the blogs I follow.
(stuff white people do.) <---- That's the name of the blog, seriously.
Personally, I think he was on something. He didn't seem 'right' in the head.

No comments: